SureFire SOCOM Muzzle Brake 7.62mm 5/8-24
- In stock if you can add to your cart!
- Calculated at Checkout
SureFire SOCOM Muzzle Brake 7.62mm 5/8-24
The advanced SureFire SFMB-762-5/8-24 muzzle brake, which fits the Armalite AR-10, DPMS LR308, and 7.62 mm rifles with 5/8-24 muzzle threads, greatly reduces both recoil impulse and muzzle rise and features neutral porting that loads bi-pod legs evenly. Its patented Impulse Diffusion design minimizes side blast and rear-directed concussion effects. The SFMB-762-5/8-24 also serves as a rock-solid mounting adapter for SureFire SOCOM Series 7.62 mm Fast-Attach® suppressors, the SOCOM762-RC model having recently won the Mk13 .300 Win-Mag sniper rifle contract award with the US Special Operations Command in the most extensive and rigorous suppressor testing ever conducted.
Precision machined from US mill-certified heat-treated stainless steel bar stock—including high-precision single-point cut threads for optimum thread interface—the SFMB-762-5/8-24 muzzle brake is given a black Ionbond DLC coating to provide maximum protection under harsh environmental conditions and to facilitate cleaning even after extreme use.
When used in conjunction with a SOCOM Series suppressor, the patent-pending design of the SFMB-762-5/8-24 provides multiple bearing surfaces to ensure superior suppressor alignment. A rear labyrinth seal minimizes potential carbon buildup in the indexing system and facilitates suppressor removal after extended firing.
All SureFire SOCOM Series muzzle brakes have blind pilot holes at the 3 and 9 o’clock position to enable fine-tuning of recoil characteristics for individual shooting styles or ammunition characteristics. They also have blind pilot holes at the 6 o’clock position to enable indexing the adapter at bottom dead center, and to pin-and-weld on short-barreled rifles. All that is required is a basic hand drill and appropriate drill bits.
SureFire muzzle brakes are individually inspected for concentricity and alignment, and each is covered by SureFire’s No-Hassle Guarantee.
FITS: Armalite AR-10, DPMS LR308, and 7.62 rifles with 5/8-24 muzzle threads
MOUNTS: All SureFire SOCOM Series 7.62 mm /.308 caliber sound suppressors
NOTE: SureFire SOCOM Series Fast-Attach sound suppressors and current-model muzzle brake/suppressor adapters and flash hider/suppressor adapters are not compatible with previous SureFire Fast-Attach sound suppressors, muzzle brakes, or flash hiders.
- Delivers greatly reduced recoil impulse and muzzle rise, and features neutral porting that loads bi-pod legs evenly.
- Multiple bearing surfaces for superior suppressor alignment
- Precision machined from US mill-certified heat-treated stainless steel bar stock
- High-precision single-point cut barrel threads for optimum thread interface
- Inspected for all critical dimensions including concentricity and alignment
- Pilot holes for tuning of muzzle brake and to pin-and-weld on short-barreled rifles
- Black Ionbond DLC coating provides maximum protection against harsh environmental conditions and facilitates cleaning after extreme use
- Serves as rock-solid mounting adapter for SureFire SOCOM Series sound suppressors
- Labyrinth seals prevent carbon buildup on suppressor lock ring indexing system
- Installation requires no permanent modifications for Armalite AR-10 and DPMS LR308 rifles
RestrictionsITAR Notice Export of the commodities described herein is strictly prohibited without a valid export license issued by the U.S. Department of State, Office of Defense Trade Controls, prescribed in the International Traffic in Arms Regulation (ITAR), Title 22, Code of Federal Regulations, Parts 120-130.
I'm shooting an 18" 6.8 that I've shot with a KX3 and Smith Vortex using both a 14" full quad rail and a 15" light NSR rail currently. Intermediate gas system with a rifle buffer. The Socom seems to project the blast forward better than the KX3. The folks next to me at an outdoor range were not offended by the side rapport after being asked. My rifle is about 8 pounds and it's a 6.8 so I've never had an issue with muzzle rise or it hopping on the bench so I can't speak to reduced recoil or muzzle rise. Same results with my 5.56 20" barreled, full quad rail, rifle length rig. The perceived blast redirection over the KX3 and the lock up ease and tightness of my Socom 300 TI can to this device gives it 5 stars. If you are not patient or handy, have a Smith install it. I had to take a break from my first install, but now have five mounted.