SureFire SOCOM Flash Hider 5.56 1/2-28 3 Prong
- In stock if you can add to your cart!
- Calculated at Checkout
The advanced SureFire SF3P-556-1/2-28 three-prong flash hider, which fits M4/M16 weapons and variants with 1/2x28 muzzle threads, features a patent-pending design that greatly reduces muzzle flash—typically greater than 99%—when compared with a plain muzzle. Boasting robust tines built to withstand the rigors of combat, the SF3P-556-1/2-28 also serves as a rock-solid mounting adapter for SureFire SOCOM Series 5.56 mm Fast-Attach® suppressors, the SOCOM556-RC model having placed first in the most extensive and rigorous suppressor testing ever conducted by US Special Operations Command.
Precision machined from US mill-certified heat-treated stainless steel bar stock—and including high-precision single-point cut threads for optimum thread interface—the SF3P-556-1/2-28 flash hider is given a black Ionbond DLC coating to provide maximum protection under harsh environmental conditions and to facilitate cleaning, even after extreme use.
When used in conjunction with a SureFire SOCOM Series suppressor, the patent-pending design of the SF3P-556-1/2-28 provides multiple bearing surfaces to ensure superior suppressor alignment and to prevent the audible ringing of tines inside the suppressor. A rear labyrinth seal minimizes potential carbon buildup in the indexing system and facilitates suppressor removal after extended firing.
SureFire flash hiders are individually inspected for concentricity and alignment and are covered by SureFire’s No-Hassle Guarantee.
FITS: M4, M16 and variants
MOUNTS: All SureFire SOCOM Series 5.56mm/.223 caliber sound suppressors
NOTE: SureFire SOCOM Series Fast-Attach sound suppressors, flash hider/suppressor adapters, and muzzle brake/suppressor adapters are not compatible with previous SureFire Fast-Attach sound suppressors, muzzle brakes, or flash hiders.
- Patent-pending design provides greater than a 99% reduction in flash, when compared to a plain muzzle
- Multiple bearing surfaces provide superior suppressor alignment and prevent ringing of tines inside suppressor
- Precision machined from US mill-certified heat-treated stainless steel bar stock
- High-precision single-point cut barrel threads create optimum thread interface
- Inspected for all critical dimensions, including concentricity and alignment
- Black Ionbond DLC coating provides maximum protection against harsh environmental conditions and facilitates cleaning after extreme use
- Serves as rock-solid mounting adapter for SureFire SOCOM Series sound suppressors
- Labyrinth seals mitigate gas leak from suppressor lock ring
- Installation requires no permanent modifications for M4 / M16 / AR15 type weapons
Ok I have the Surefire brake, warcomp and now 3 prong flash hider and I wish this is what I bought first. The warcomp and brake are great unsuppressed but once you throw your silencer on that’s where you notice the 3 prong stands out it’s actually guieter and the locking collar doesn’t get stuck as much I was wondering why but now I feel dumb not catching that the other two throw gas out where the collar would sit but with the flash hider there’s no gas expulsion out the top or sides like the other two do. The difference is noticeable too like going from a gas gun to a bolt gun an easy 4-6 decibels. Look Jay from Pewscience he backs it up with a meter. WORTH EVERY PENNY PERIOD.
These flash hiders have been very hard to find. I almost gave up on this but Bauer Precision came through for me. The muzzle device is everything I could have wanted and mates perfectly with my DD MK18 upper receiver.
Fast shipping and the perfect Surefire SOCOM mount
Great product and I'm glad you guys had it available with fast shipping. Thank you.
This is a great Flash Hider and overall muzzle device for the M4/AR15 platform. Combat-proven by our military in various combat theaters throughout the globe and has always been held in high regard. Accepts the Surefire QD Suppressors as designed without fail.