Battle Arms Bad-CSS Vert® Stock System
- In stock if you can add to your cart!
- Calculated at Checkout
BAD-CSS VERT® STOCK SYSTEM
- M16 BCG Compatible (No Proprietary Bolt Carrier Group Required!)
- Continuous Cheek Rest for Stable Shooting
- Interchangeable Cheek Rest (different colors/patterns, coming soon)
- Ultra Compact Buffer & Buffer Spring
- Patented, Recoil Reducing, Dual Spring Buffer Design
- Fully Collapsed Length = 4.75in (Not longer 5.5in+/- PDW Style Stocks)
- Fully Extended Length = 8.75in
- (4) Locking Stock Positions
- (2) QD Sling Swivel Points
- High Impact Resistant S7 Tool Steel Guide Rods
- Internal Guide Bushings for Buttery Smooth Operation & Keeps Out Debris
- Intelligent Guide Rod Lock Design
- Fast Stock Deployment
- Continuous Cheek Rest
- Stock Locks Both Directions
- Precision CNC from Aircraft Grade Aluminum & S7 Tool Steel
- MilSpec Type III Class 2 Hard Anodized Black
- (2) Built-In Non-Rotating QD Points
- Lightweight 19.5 Ounces (Complete Stock System with Buffer & Springs)
- Billet 7075T6 Aluminum CNC Machined Butt Stock
- Stock System Weight 19.5oz
- Buffer Weight = 3.9 oz
- Made in the USA
- U.S. Patents #9341437, #9395148, Other Patents Pending
- The system should be configured, installed and function checked by a qualified gunsmith for reliable and safe operation.
- Will not work with solid filled 9mm bolt carrier. See our 9mm compatible VERT® Stock.
- VERT® buffer system is designed for 5.56/.223 direct gas impingement system. Will also work on 300BLK DI system as well but must have appropriate gas port size.
- Use of NICKEL BORON Coated Bolt Carrier may cause damage to the buffer system due to the I.D. (Inside Diameter) of the BCG being undersized.
- Inside, rear cavity of the bolt carrier must be .625in diameter x .625in deep minimum to clear the buffer. Damage may occur if proper clearance isn't met.
The BAD-PDW™, BAD-CSS™ and Ultra Compact Pistol SABERTUBE® using the patented VERT® buffer system have been tested on industry standard, factory Colt 6920 (direct impingement) to be a drop-in stock system using factory 5.56/.223 ammunition. However, due to the limitless possible configurations of the AR-15 rifle system from after market components and the variety of ammunition used, the rifle may be under gassed for the VERT® buffer system. Some adjustments or modification may be required.
The most common adjustment if the bolt fails to lock back on the last round is to open the barrel gas port diameter to increase the gas into the system to fully cycle and compress the inner buffer spring for reliable operation. An adjustable gas block, adjustable gas key or adjustable bolt carrier is recommended for tuning the gas system.
The VERT® buffer system have been tested successfully with 300BLK direct impingement AR platforms in semi-auto and full-auto fire. However, the rifle system must be configured properly. 300BLK supersonic and 300BLK subsonic ammunition have drastically different characteristics. They will also perform differently suppressed and unsuppressed. The rifle may be tuned to function on one end of the spectrum or the other. Please do not expect the stock to run on the same rifle configuration between shooting suppressed vs. unsuppressed and supersonic vs. subsonic.