Aero Precision M5 308 Upper Lower Builder Set w/ 15" Keymod Handguard - Black
- In stock if you can add to your cart!
- Calculated at Checkout
Aero Precision M5 308 Upper Lower Builder Set w/ 15" Keymod Handguard Gen 2- Black
This item must ship to an FFL dealer. Please process your order and then have your dealer send a copy of their FFL to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 940-488-4515.
This package deal features the components you need to start building your own M5E1 (.308) Rifle, including an M5 Lower Receiver, M5E1 Upper Receiver and 15" Gen 2 M-LOK Handguard all Anodized Black.
- M5 Lower Receiver
- M5E1 Enhanced Upper Receiver
- 15" Keymod Handguard, Gen 2
- All 3 pieces are finished in mil-spec Anodized Black hardcoat
M5 Upper Receiver
Aero's state of the art M5E1 platform starts here, with the M5E1 Upper Receiver. The M5E1 upper receiver is a one-piece design combining the handguard mounting platform with the upper itself. Through superior engineering, we have condensed the parts needed to mount a free-floated handguard to a mere 8 screws. Since the handguard mounting surface and upper are of the same forging, not only is it a stronger system, but we are able to make additional lightening cuts to save weight and allow for more efficient cooling.
Ease of installation - Simply insert your barrel assembly into the M5E1 upper, tighten it using the included barrel nut and slide your rail on and tighten the rail screws. Within minutes you have a modular, free-floated rail.
- M4 Feedramps
- .2795 takedown pin holes (DPMS size)
- Lazer engraved T-marks
- Comes assembled, with dust cover and forward assist installed
M5E1 Specific Details:
- Handguard mounting platform is forged into the receiver
- Works with Aero Precision M5 Enhanced Handguards
- Barrel nut included
- Barrel nut uses standard 1-3/8" crowfoot wrench torqued to 65 ft lbs
- Blemished M5E1 Upper Receiver in Anodized Black
- Port Door and Forward Assist installed
- Barrel Nut
Please Note - - The M5E1 Upper Receiver is specifically designed to be used with our M5 Enhanced Handguards. It will not work with other AR10/308 handguards.
M5 Lower Receiver
- Works with standard DPMS 308 components and magazines
- Upper Tension Screw - Allows users to fine tune the fit of the upper and lower receiver through the use of a nylon tipped tensioning set screw inserted in the grip tang of the lower receiver.
- Rear takedown pin detent hole is threaded for a 4-40 set screw
- Bolt catch is threaded for a screw pin (no roll pin needed)
- Integrated trigger guard
- Selector markings will work with 45, 60 or 90 degree safety selectors
- Accepts Battle Arms Development short throw safety selectors, but will work with any standard selector
- No gap with aftermarket pistol grips
- Stripped M5 (.308) Lower Receiver in Anodized Black
- Nylon tipped tensioning set screw
Aero's Enhanced KeyMod (EK) Handguards provide a lightweight free float design for your custom M5 .308 build. The KeyMod system allows advanced modularity past the current 1913 picatinny rail system. Machined to mil-spec dimensions and engineered to perfection, this handguard eliminates bulk while retaining strength and stability.
- 1pc free float design
- Built in anti-rotation tabs
- Scalloped rails
- 1.72" inside diameter fits most muzzle devices and 1.5" suppressors
- Compatible with low profile gas blocks
- Quick disconnect sling socket at the 3, 6 and 9 o’clock positions
- Milled additional surfaces along flats to aid with gripping and add visual appeal.
- Continuous top rail has a new profile of the Picatinny Top Rail
- DPMS High Profile (.210) Tang